The Washdown Series unit heaters are electric unit heaters constructed for use in areas that require washing or hosing of equipment due to dirty or dusty industrial environments in non-hazardous locations. The totally enclosed water-tight construction made with corrosion-resistant material make this series ideal for industrial heating applications. The Washdown Series is constructed with all built-in controls and safety temperature controls wired in a non-metallic Nema 4x control panel with single-point power connections.
- Heavy-duty 304 16 Gauge stainless steel shroud.
- 316 stainless construction available.
- Nema 4x non-metallic control panel.
- 24-Volt transformer and control panel.
- 3-position switch (off-heat-fan).
- Capillary thermostat with stainless steel sensor.
- Automatic reset thermal cutout.
- Totally enclosed U.L. listed motor.
- Pilot light (power on indicator).
- Stainless steel finned tubular element. Constructed of 304 or 316 stainless rod and fins.
- Control panel on bottom of unit for ease of installation and service.
- Disconnect switch with enclosure door interlock.
- Front grill rotates to direct airflow.
- Single-point power connection.
- Fan Blade Epoxy coated Aluminum.
- Meets all U.L., NEC, and OSHA requirements(when installed as directed).
- Corrosion-resistant in high humidity and water-saturated areas.
•ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) type approved.
Enclosure and Motor:
Element housing shall be 16 Gauge 304 or 316 stainless steel shroud. The outlet grill and louver assembly shall be 304/316 stainless steel and rotate for direction of discharge air. The heater shall have a 304/316 stainless steel inlet grill and fan guard. The motor shall be totally enclosed, permanently lubricated and designed to resist moisture and corrosion. The fan blade shall be aluminum with a powder coated epoxy finish.
The heating element shall be 304 or 316 stainless steel tube with 304/316 stainless steel fin material helically attached to the tube for even heat transfer. The element designed with the highest quality Nickelchromium resistance wire embedded in compacted efficient dielectric to ensure proper heat transfer.
The control enclosure shall be non-metallic Nema 4X control panel watertight and dust- tight. The enclosure and elements are attached to the control panel with stainless steel fasteners. Standard control components are factory mounted and wired with access through control panel door on bottom of heaterassembly. A standard door interlock disconnect switch shall be factory mounted and wired for safety.
All controls shall be factory mounted and wired in Nema 4X panel. Terminal block, 24 Volt transformer, high temperature limits, contactor and fusing if required by NEC are mounted and wired in control panel. A three-position switch (Off-Heat-Fan) shall be mounted on side of control panel for access from outside of panel. A pilot light to indicate power is on for safety shall be located on side of control panel. A wall mounted Nema 4X thermostat is an optional accessory.
A formed 304/316 stainless steel bracket shall be used on 3.3 thru 15 KW units. A cast iron epoxy painted bracket shall be used on 20 thru 48 KW units. Above brackets shall be combination wall/ceiling type.